10 Reasons to Consider Outsourcing Your Digital Marketing
10 Reasons to Consider Outsourcing Your Digital Marketing is not the ultimate guide to marketing but some real reasons to think about outsourcing rather than try to do it all in house. Hiring your own digital marketing person/manager takes time, can be trial & error with the risk that once they are trained up, they may move on again!! Alternatively, you could consider the following & outsource;
- Are you at a desk all day? No one is better able to answer that then you & your team. I know there is mobile & marvelous apps, even ones that will claim to do the almost impossible, but rushing, dashing, leaving it all until Friday afternoon, is proven not to be very effective. A typical business owner is a versatile, dynamic, enthusiastic, responsive, quick thinker, in the moment manager, do they really have the time to engage & manage their digital marketing as well?
- Do you like to do the small things? The majority of business owners I know, love the small things, like to see them completed as they know this is what can annoy a customer, even make the difference, but they don’t have the time, can’t do it all & this can really frustrate them. Like for the example having to do a Facebook post a day, getting the wording just right, keeping an eye on comments, reacting to a competitors offering, putting a smiley emoji in their response. Yep the small things that can make all the difference online!
- How often do you engage on social media? It’s a simple question, but how often do you as a business owner go on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc, etc, etc. Do you monitor competitors, watch the evolving trends, look at what is working & more importantly what is not working! It’s so easy not to download the Apps or even block up your media feeds with loads of general content, but if you want to compete, you need to be involved. No point being the best kicker of the ball if you are not on the field as they say.
- Can you use the different media? To pursue this line of thinking, can you tweet, snap, post, blog, search for keywords, monitor the adwords etc? Or do you leave that to the younger ones? Yep that’s what it takes, not just talking about it but taking the leap & actually walking the walk. It’s really easy to plan & discuss, highlight & mention, but actually putting it out there with confidence is another completely different thing. Oh & then monitoring the spend+impact+results!
- Adding imagery. This area is a potential mine field for business owners as they open themselves up to organisations that often specialise in offering excellent imagery, easy to source but with a catch. Basically if you use images online that belong to someone else & you do not have their permission/ ownership rights or even acknowledge where the image was sourced, you could potentially get a large bill several months later, not only for displaying the image but for it’s use during that defined period. To safeguard your business, please purchase or take your own images. There are image stock services out there that are relatively cheap online or if you can, upload your own personalised ones, related to your service, as these are a lot more engaging. Remember the old saying, a picture tells a thousand words, it’s never been more important then nowadays when using digital marketing.
- Enhancing the meaning. Can you add a message to your imagery? Images with a key message offers even more meaning for the end customer/user. This is a proven fact as businesses try to catch the busy, browsing customers attention. Like Sky News gave us the rolling bar of constant news, nowadays the busy person needs to get the message meaning/context there & then, not spend time wondering, thinking, trying to figure out what your business is trying to actually say/sell. In reality the modern day digital consumer won’t bother, they will give it up to five seconds & will just scroll on. (Think for a moment how you browse online, your patience level, your engagement approach until you find what you are looking for, not long at all is it?)
- Extending the content available. Really not a difficult thing to do, but so many businesses out there spend more time on the actual message, the short inviting text, the sharp image & then falter at the end line by not delivering the potential customer to concise information related to the offering they first saw. Or they leave out a link, forget to shorten it or offer a clumsy redirect that takes this hard fought customer’s attention to general information. Think as a customer or end user, what do they need to know to purchase a product/service. Is your offering detailed enough, ticking all the boxes, attractive enough that a customer will just pick up the phone or purchase there & then. Too often businesses don’t inform the customer enough about how great they are & effective their solution is. This is where a strong competitor will benefit the most if they invest more on their customer journey & content.
- Protecting your brand. This area is challenging online as a brand is only as strong as the protectors of it. Take for example an image you take, maybe a location image or a product image, can you or are you placing your logo on it? You not only protect your image somewhat, but you also take ownership & give your audience more confidence in your profile online. Alternatively, are you setting policy guidelines with your clients/re-sellers as to how they handle your content or is it an open playing field while you do all the work. By simply placing your logo on your images, even protecting your content on your website, you will probably help discourage others from simply benefiting from your efforts. (This will not guarantee it, but will help stop the simple copy & paste users)
- Loving it. Do you like the whole digital marketing, digital media, social media thing? Are you likely to jump out of bed in the morning to tweet the latest news, or write a blog about your achievements, products or research the valuable keywords & complete title tags, descriptions etc. Yes it’s not glorious work, but to a digital marketer it is bread & butter stuff to help extend your digital reach online.
- Collaboration. The old adage a problem shared is a problem halved. Or two minds are better then one are never more true then in the case of social media & digital marketing. Why? Because the challenge is not just engaging the local area, the familiar customer base, the national attention, but potentially a global reach. Language considerations, context, offerings relevant to defined audience, you name it there is a lot to plan, organise & schedule. So why try to do it all your self when we can brain storm, make suggestions, agree methodology, hammer out the context, evolve the plan & follow up the results.
Not the gospel, not the entire solution, not even a guarantee you will get more business, but outsourcing your digital marketing can help address a lot of the issues highlighted above. We at Digital36o can offer a simple solution, one where joint collaboration can lead to more success as we become part of your team. What’s more, you get to save money as we work in our own office, sit at our own desks, pay our own bills & really love what we do. You just give us the direction & we will take the lead.
For all your digital marketing needs, just give us a call today & we can get a plan going right away, leaving you to do what you do best!! Give us a call on 044-9220975